Thursday, September 18, 2008

I believe in something!

I was recently dragged through two stores at the mall the other day, and I wanted to shoot myself the entire time. The first was a little Hot Topic rip-off store with an adult twist that played screamo the entire time, and the other was Hot Topic itself, which, ...always plays screamo (although, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who likes the music in there and actually refers to it by that title.)
Now, the first store really gave me high-hopes. When we walked in, David Bowie's Fashion started playing. That was a nice surprise. But some time while looking through the quirky halloween costumes, the beer pong playset, and the erotic novelties, things had become much worse and much more pathetic. The singer was screaming something that I was completely unable to understand, and, incredibly enough, his loud, moronic voice was drowned out by the simple guitar power chords and high hat drum slamming.
....In order to keep this short, let's just say Hot Topic was nothing too dissimilar.

So, I've set up a petition here:

Give Peace!

It shows that we are in favor of ear plugs being handed out at the door to any of these places. If you walk into a store and someone's playing My Chemical Romance, you should be able to kindly accept the ear plugs from the nearby short girl with the choppy haircut and fake thick-rimmed eyeglasses.